Professor J.S. Rao
President, TVII, and Editor-in-Chief, JVET
Rules for Nomination and Award
1. The JS Rao Medal in Vibration Engineering (the Medal) will be awarded in honour of the great contributions of Professor Jammi Srinivasa Rao (J.S. Rao), President of the Vibration Institute of India (TVII) and Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Vibration Engineering & Technologies (JVET), in the fundamental theory and engineering applications of vibration engineering and technologies in both research and education.
2. The Medal is to be awarded to one awardee annually during the annual Vibration Engineering and Technology of Machinery (VETOMAC) conference affiliated to TVII and JVET, or another conference to be assigned by JVET editorial board.
3. Nomination will be opened from 1 March 2017 and will be closed on 31 March 2017. All JVET editorial board members may nominate ONE international researcher who has made excellent contributions in any aspects relevant to vibration engineering and technologies. Nominations may be made using the nomination form attached and be sent by email to Professor C.W. Lim at the email address indicated in the nomination form before the closing date. Late nominations will not be entertained.
4. Upon closing of nomination, a ballot will be conducted and all editorial board members may cast only ONE vote to any nominated candidate. The candidate with the highest vote will be awarded the Medal. In case of equal votes, Professor JS Rao will be consulted for the final winner.
5. The awardee will be invited to join VETOMAC 2017 (http://2017.wceam.com/) during 2-4 August 2017 in Brisbane, Australia. The conference registration fee will be waived and complimentary accommodation will be provided. Unfortunately, due to financial constraints, no travel budget will be granted.
6. The awardee will be presented a medal and will be invited to give a speech during the presentation of the Medal.
C.W. Lim (Hong Kong), R. Rzadkowski (Poland), J. Sinha (UK) and SM Li (China)
On behalf of JVET Editorial Board
25 February 2017
Attachment: Nomination Form.doc Nomination Form.pdf